The Health and Safety Executive has recently set up and appointed industry members and a Chair to the new Industry Competence Committee (ICC), which will have its first meeting in September.
The ICC members are:
- Jon Vanstone (Chair) – Tech Influence
- Sandra Ashcroft (Vice-Chair) – Health and Safety Executive
- Jay Parmar – Joint Industry Board and CSCS Alliance
- Lorraine Turner – UKAS
- Steve Evans – National House Building Council
- Lorna Stimpson – Local Authority Building Control
- Wendy Belfield – InTandem Systems
- Pete Dawber – Solvere Ltd
- Ruth Devine – SJD Associates Ltd
- Richard Harral – Chartered Association of Building Engineers
- Nick Coombe – National Fire Chiefs Council
- Dennis Davis – Fire Sector Federation
- Alasdair Perry – British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association
- Andrew Bulmer – The Property Institute
- Anthony Taylor – Building Safety Alliance
- James McNay – Hydrock
- Kate Milford – Milford and Marah Ltd
The Industry Competence Committee (ICC) has a number of functions including monitoring industry competence, advising the BSR and industry, helping industry to improve competence, and producing guidance to the public about assessing the competence of people in the built environment industry.
The committee’s work will help bring industry together and encourage a more cohesive approach to competence. The committee will engage with a wide range of industry stakeholders and leaders to help this happen and bring in the knowledge required for the committee to give evidence-based advice.
Mark Reynolds, CLC co-chair has congratulated the new appointments and welcomed their contributions to ensuring that the CLC leads and supports the competency development, for the industry.
Watch this short video from the Industry Competence Committee (ICC) Chair, Jon Vanstone, sharing his thoughts on the remit and work of the ICC in developing transformative change at all levels of industry.