Why Use a FASET Member?
Using a FASET Member provides you with peace of mind, because every FASET Member has undergone a rigorous application process that looks at their business activities in great detail.
Once a member, this quality and commitment to safety and best standards is ensured by way of an annual audit, which is now SSiP recognised.
Below are some examples of what the audit scrutinises, but why not have a look at the full audit? With the duties that the new CDM and Work at Height Regulations place on clients to employ competent contractors, you can be sure that you’re employing a company who have been audited and comply with best practice by using a FASET Member.
- Suitable and Valid Insurance
- Compliance of the Safety Nets used to BS 1263 -1, including the often overlooked inspection, annual UV testing, repair and maintenance procedures
- Use of Installation Procedures in accordance with BS 1263 -2 and FASET Guidance - e.g. Warning about the use of Scaffold Towers during installation and removal
- Use of Qualified Personnel to erect and dismantle safety netting (The full FASET CSCS Safety Net Rigger Card is the only proof of competence)
- Use of Qualified Personnel to repair damaged nets
- The levels of qualified staff employed
- Adequate Directly Employed Management and Supervisory Staff
- Adequate Safety Procedures and policies
- Compliance with Statutory Requirements
This list is by no means exhaustive.
Remember: evidence of FASET Trained Personnel is not a guarantee that the company is a FASET member. Please visit the Member List on this website and ask to see the companies Annual FASET Membership Certificate and their SSiP Accreditation Certificate.
If you use a non FASET Company, will your Safety Nets work if they have to?